Thursday, December 1, 2011

Food Rules!

This semester I've been attending the Chez Panisse Foundation/UC Berkeley class called Edible Education 101, co-taught by Michael Pollan and Nikki Henderson.  We had some great speakers including the inspiring Peter Sellars:




With the weather changing and book season in full swing, I've decided to spend a few posts reviewing some of the recent botanical books I've been reading.  Books make great holiday gifts, and there's nothing like spending time in your favorite local bookstore, especially one like  Diesel Bookstore who recently had a fun customer appreciation pie & wine party with every book 20% off.  They also gave away these pins as party favors:


I decided to pick up a copy of Michael Pollan's "Food Rules" with beautiful illustrations by Maira Kalman.  The book outlines some basic food rules we ll should abide by, with the pivotal one being:
" When You Eat Real Food, You Don't Need Rules"



My most favorite rule is certainly:

"Place a Bouquet of Flowers on the Table and Everything Will Taste Twice as Good"  


I admit, I felt a little dorky asking MP to sign my copy at our last class, but I'm glad I did.


1 comment:

Priya dharshini said...

Wow..Glad to be in ur blog..Happy new year 2012